key for opening or closing doors on cooperation
Standardization is a powerful tool that can be used
to unify or divide people at every level. Whether standardization
unifies or divides a socioeconomic class, a regional market, global
trade, or even employees within a company, its strategic use can
result in significant economic and social rewards. How this tool
is and should be used depends on the situation and the goals of
those involved. This interactive conference will examine how standardization
can and is being employed to influence global and local markets
from the perspectives of industry, nations, geopolitical regions,
and groups and classes of people.
Specially selected speakers with an unparalleled knowledge
of standardization as it relates to geopolitical, legal, and market
dynamics will interact with the audience to discuss:
- What is open information and communications technology
- How do different standardization processes serve
as unifiers or dividers?
- How does standardization unify or divide local
and global markets?
- What impact do different approaches to managing
intellectual property rights in standardization have on the market,
competition, and users?
- How can standardization be employed to encourage
or discourage cooperation?
Why You Should Attend this Conference
- Gain insight into the changing dynamics of standardization
as nations and regions implement new policies and laws to boost
- Participate in creating a new theory that addresses
standardization as an industrial policy tool that can be used
as a method for balancing political, social, economic, and technical
- Impact the thoughts and actions of those driving
the technical, social, legal, and policy decisions around standardization
- Strengthen your ability to use standardization
strategically in the global marketplace
- Take advantage of a unique opportunity to form
beneficial partnerships with industry, customers, and policy makers